Tuesday 5 May 2020

Study Task 5 - Creating Brand

Old logo, raster image 
Previous LinkedIn

Updated LinkedIn

I have started making a website on WordPress in Autumn 2019 however, I have changed it to Wix when I saw CathyJ's website. The layout looked more professional website and less like a blog, an important element as I am looking to upload my portfolio there.
Template I chose for my website

Wix feels a lot more intuitive to me and editing is easy for both desktop and smartphone view.

I like the blog element and the template of my web has the option like this for it, too
Things I did to make it work: 


  • Bought a domain: If I am to pay to promote myself through business cards and elsewhere, it has to be memorable and simple. Therefore no Wix or Wordpress extensions. 
  • I chose the name Bunkhouse Stop Motion because it expresses who I am and what I stand for as an artist and as a person.
  • Showreel with contact details and logo embedded on the website (also on Vimeo, Twitter, YouTube), muted on autoplay of the opening page. 


  • Linked all my social media in the Contact section allowing me to only put my domain on the business card or wherever I want to promote myself and be easy to find on other social media. All the media is separate from my personal Gmail, Facebook and Instagram accounts. 
  • Hide all the section that are undergoing development - a portfolio of set and puppet making (some available to view on Instagram), blog
  • A logo that communicates with the website name.
  • Simple design, the focus is on the content.
  • https://blog.hootsuite.com/social-media-icons/, for checking that all the social media link logos are legal.
Logo

First I approached members of the LAU Collaborations group, however, I only got two responses and I did not have the budget to cover the costs of the work, so I took some free sessions on Graphic Design at Shaw Academy monthly trial and with back and forth feedback from number of contacts I created my own branding.
Logo requirements
Initial ideas on a template from Shaw Academy
More initial ideas.
Developing idea of bunkbed in the design
Version 1 development

Version 2 development

Version 3 development
Version 3 further development


Further development, testing colours


Testing the functionality in B&W



Ideas of redesigning my old logo

Ideas of redesigning my old logo

Redesigning my old logo, I prefer the original photography version, but it is not scalable and therefore not practical. 

Colour choice 1

Colour choice 2


Adding text for banners
  • Scalable for various online platforms and for print, with and without background version
  • Logo with text used for banners, logo used for profile pictures on social media where the banner option is not available, ta photograph used on LinkedIn and Twitter for the profile picture. 
Business Card

Folding business card

Preview of layout one

Preview of the final layout
  • I wanted something original, the way to describe my practice would be 'textures' 
  • Why does it matter what my business card looks like?
  • One of the options, printed and cut up fabric, I found an option of faux leather and recycled leather too. However, I understand that some people may not like it.
  • Another unique idea is folding business cards from https://www.vistaprint.co.uk/. This suits me very well as a stop motion artist as it allows space for logo, contact details, small portfolio, as well as blank space for writing (to have the back side printed costs extra £). This company offers a preview of the design, very helpful. 
  • Matte paper finish, to be able to write on the card

CV 
  • Created using cvhelp.co.uk for ease of adjustments and formatting. 
  • About and partial CV also embedded on my website. 






No comments:

Post a Comment